Certified Information Privacy Professional

Privacy and Information Security have always gone hand and hand. When discussing the three tenets of InfoSec (Integrity, Availability, and Confidentiality), confidentiality typically envelops privacy. In the networking/computer world, this privacy normally references encryption or separation (duties, networks, equipment, etc). I deal with these aspects on a daily basis, and the knowledge base for these topics and individuals practicing them is quite large (CISSP). However, as I'm quickly finding, there are unexpected elements of Privacy (compliance/regulatory, for example) where I am quite ignorant.

Over the next few weeks, I'm preparing for the Certified Information Privacy Professional examination offered through the International Association of Privacy Professionals. Hopefully, there will be a few details on my new Information Privacy blog that may be helpful to the community at large.

No comments: